Traditional recipes of French cooking
32 recipes available
- Celeriac Rémoulade : A classic recipe of traditional French bistro cooking.
- Croque-monsieur : Oven-toasted ham and béchamel sauce sandwich.
- Du Barry soup : Creamy cauliflower soup with small pieces.
- Home-made terrine of foie gras : You will never buy another one after tasting this. -
- Leeks in vinaigrette : Steamed leeks and a vinaigrette dressing with hard-boiled eggs.
- Blanquette of veal : Slow-cooked veal with a thickened sauce.
- Boeuf (beef) bourguignon : Beef cooked slowly in red wine.
- Pâté de campagne : A classic of French country cooking.
- Potted meat (rillettes) : Two kinds of meat and very long cooking.
- French-style peas : Peas, bacon and spring onions.
- Hachis parmentier : meat with mashed potato and cheese : Meat with mashed potatoes and cheese.
- Potato gratin : Another classic French family recipe.
- Quiche Lorraine : Savoury tart with cheese, bacon,eggs and cream.
- Chocolate eclairs : Choux pastry, chocolate custard and icing. --
- Crème brulée : Smooth cool vanilla cream and hot caramel crust. --
- Crêpes Suzette : Caramelized pancakes filled with orange butter, served with orange syrup.
- Epiphany galette : Classic almond cream pastry for Epiphany.
- Macarons (the original French macaroons) : Trendy little cakes. -
- Peach Melba : Vanilla ice cream, poached peaches, rasberries,and Chantilly cream.
- Profiteroles : Choux filled with vanilla ice-cream and topped with chocolate sauce.
- Rice pudding (riz au lait) : A dessert. from childhood.
- Saint Honoré cake : Circle of puff pasty, filled caramelized choux puffs and whipped cream.
- Tart Tatin : Upside down tart with caramelised apples.
- Chocolate rolls (petits pains) : Real chocolate rolls.
- French baguettes : Crunchy crust and light crumb. --
- French croissants : The most famous viennoiseries. -
- Blackcurrant liqueur : To make your own Kir.
- Four quarters : The world simpliest cake.
- Béarnaise sauce : Sauce for grilled fish and meats.
- Chantilly creams : Whipped cream and other.
- Mayonnaise : Basic thick cold dressing.
- Rémoulade dressing : Mayonnaise with vinegar
If you like these recipes, would you like to read them quietly off-line?If so, the e-book of cooking-ez is really made for you!