Tips and tricks
69 recipes available
- How to divide a preparation evenly : Divide perfectly in equal parts.
- How to dust : And do so regularly
- How to extract passion fruit juice : To keep only the very best
- How to glaze a tart : Like the professionals.
- How to heat plates : For serving food to your guests at the right temperature.
- How to know when a cake is cooked : With a knife blade
- How to make chocolate chips : To decorate your cakes and tarts
- How to make fleur de sel (salt flakes) : Made from sea water, or water and a little ordinary salt.
- How to make marzipan decorations : To decorate your cake
- How to peel a fruit : The very best of the fruit.
- How to peel a pineapple : To get all the flesh
- How to poach peaches : Peaches at their best.
- How to prepare a bain-marie : For soft cooking
- How to prepare a lettuce : Much better than lettuce leaves out of a packet.
- How to prepare a pumpkin (or potimarron) : For use in a recipe
- How to prepare an avocado : And remove core and skins. -
- How to prepare beaten egg-yolk : For nice golden pastry.
- How to prepare cabbage : In julienne.
- How to prepare cockles : Cockles, from the sea to the serving dish.
- How to prepare corn salad : Corn salad from harvest to "ready to eat".
- How to prepare courgettes : Good choices and gestures.
- How to prepare cucumber : From the whole cucumber to diced cucumber.
- How to prepare endives : For ready to cook endives
- How to prepare purple artichokes : Preparation and cooking of small purple artichokes. -
- How to prepare rhubarb : From stalks to soft dessert.
- How to prepare romanesco : Cutting, washing and blanching. -
- How to prepare sorrel : Only the very best of the sorrel.
- How to prepare spinach : A vegetable to rediscover.
- How to prepare tomatoes : To keep only the very best of tomatoes
- How to roll out pastry for a tart : Ready for the mould
- How to use a forcing bag (piping or icing bag) : To well use forcing bag
- How to use a vanilla pod effectively : To keep only the very best of vanilla
- How to use gelatin : To well melt in your mixture
Work on/prepare an ingredient
- How to prepare an onion or shallot : How to chop finely.
- How to prepare broccoli : To keep only the very best of broccoli
- How to prepare carrots : Because just peeling is not enough
- How to prepare cauliflower : For cauliflower ready to use in a recipe
You should not...
- Add a stock cube like this : Otherwise it melt badly
- Don't throw apricot stones away : The kernel is edible.
- You should not add raisins to recipes dry : Otherwise they are too dry
- You should not beat egg yolks at high speed to start with : Otherwise sugar "cook" them
- You should not leave egg yolks in contact with sugar
- You should not push with the sharp edge of a knife : Otherwise you "unsharp" the knife
- You should not put an aluminum container directly in the oven : To cook or reheat thoroughly.
- You should not soak strawberries in water : Otherwise they will lose their flavour
- How to add beaten eggs whites to a mixture : But without make them fall
- How to beat egg whites : For well beaten egg whites
- How to break a chocolate bar into small pieces
- How to butter a dish or a mould easily : In 10 seconds
- How to choose an avocado well : For a tasty and ripe avocado
- How to heat milk without it catching on the bottom of the pan
- How to keep meat tender after cooking : Let stay 5 minutes
- How to peel a garlic clove easily : From garlic head to clove, ready to use -
- How to prepare leeks : To remove all the mud
- How to prevent a sheet of paper sliding : With just some dough
- How to prevent bad breath after eating garlic -
- How to prevent butter burning during cooking : With and add of some oil
- How to prevent peeled fruit or vegetables turning brown : With use of vitamin C
- Cooking sugar : From caster sugar to caramel.
- How to "bake blind" a pastry case : For tarts furnishing that shoud not cook
- How to cook bacon and remove excess fat : With blenching.
- How to cook hard-boiled eggs properly : Not so easy.
- How to cook Morteau sausage well : 3 methods
- How to cook pasta properly : Advice cooking pasta so that it doesn't stick.
- How to cook red meat properly : Tender and juicy.
- How to cook rice in rice-cooker : The secret of rices from Asia
- How to fry eggs well : How to avoid the 2 pitfalls.
- How to grill salmon well : Crispy outside, moist inside.
- How to slow cook meat : For melt-in-the mouth meat.
If you like these recipes, would you like to read them quietly off-line?If so, the e-book of cooking-ez is really made for you!