Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Put 250 g butter in the bowl of the mixer, and begin kneading on low speed to soften.
If you have a Kenwood, use the " K " beater.
- 3 min.
- 10 min.Knead again on medium speed until obtaining a smooth light mixture (about 5 - 10 minutes).
Then add 25 g cornflour and 2 tablespoons rum while still kneading.
You have made almond cream that you can use as it, or improve in frangipane cream.
- 5 min.To make frangipane, add 350 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream) (cold) a tablespoonful at a time.
Continue kneading until mixture is light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
It is ready.
Remarks:You can keep this cream in the refrigerator in a closed container for several days, but it can also be frozen easily.
Recipes which use it: 8Of which:
Source:After Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cheese Soufflé, Mushroom velouté, Little lemon biscuits, Saltimbocca, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Arlesian Biscuits, Caribbean upside-down cake, Gâteau Nantais, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Linzer torte, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mirlitons, Oat financiers for Louise, Swiss meringues, Walnut short bread, Chocolate almond cookies, ... [All]