Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 2 min.Tip 150 g ground almonds into the meringue.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- 7 min.Fold in the ground almonds gently.
- Your dacquoise dough is ready.
- Or spread the mixture into one big flat biscuit with a metal spatula.
- You can also make pistachio dacquoise by replacing the ground almonds with ground pistachios.
- 25 min.Cook for around 25 minutes without opening the oven door, otherwise the dacquoise is very likely to fall completely flat.
Remarks:Another possible flavour: the almonds can be replaced with hazelnuts.
Important: the dacquoise dough is very sticky, so must be cooked on a non-stick baking sheet or a sheet of cooking parchment.
If you lose track of how many egg whites you have in your bowl, remember 1 egg white = 30 g approximately.
Source:After Pierre Hermé (simplified).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Walnut short bread, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Toasted almond cake, How to make marzipan decorations, Crust for tea, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry and rhubarb crumble, Almond cream or frangipane, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Nanou's chocolate cake, Gâteau Nantais, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to beat egg whites, Amiens macaroons, Verrine of avocado mousse and crab, Pistachio "Financiers", Marzipan (almond paste), ... [All]