Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Mix thoroughly with a soft spatula.
- 2 min.Pour the hot (vanilla-flavoured) apple juice into this mixture while stirring.
- 2 min.Then pour the bowl's contents into the pan, if possible through a fine strainer to remove any bits.
- 5 min.Put the pan back on low heat and allow the custard to thicken while stirring constantly with a whisk.
The custard is ready when it is about as thick as mayonnaise.
- When finished, cream is very hot, if you want to use it immediately you should cool it.
The easier solution is to put it in the fridge, but it's very long.
The best way is to proceed as chefs, and spread it on a plastic film (to protect from the air) then put it in the fridge.
- This short video show you how to proceed.
Remarks:Use the most "apply" juice you can find (from green apples, for example); this will make your custard all the more delicious.
Here is the link if you would like to know how to make the classic confectioner's custard (crème pâtissière, or french pastry cream).
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple Batter Puddings, Oat shortbread biscuits, Eggs meurette, Baked Alaska, Choux pastry (pâte à choux), ... [All]
- Cornflour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio cream, Chestnut moelleux, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Langoustine gratin, Eggs meurette, ... [All]