Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Prepare the tin or mould by lining the base and sides with cooking parchment.
You can scatter a few flakes almonds in the bottom if you like, but this is not essential.
- 3 min.Mix 70 g flour and 70 g potato starch.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Beat on high speed until the mixture is light like a mousse.
- 3 min.Sieve the flour and potato flour into the bowl.
- 5 min.Gently fold in the flour, just until it is incorporated into the frothy egg mixture.
This is the tricky part of the recipe. This needs to be done rapidly but gently to keep as much air as possible in the mixture. It is best to lean the bowl over on its side and use a soft spatula to lift and turn the mixture.
- 2 min.Pour the batter into the mould or tin.
- 40 min.Bake for a bout 20 minutes and check that the cake is cooked before taking it our of the oven.
- 2 min.Turn the cake out and leave on a wire rack to cool.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sugar syrup, How to cook caramelized puff pastry well, Flambéd bananas , Almond tuiles, Toasted-flour biscuits, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pink Reims biscuits, Rabbit civet, Oat shortbread biscuits, Almond macaroon cake, Jam doughnuts, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Grandma Solange's biscuits, Naan, Quiche Lorraine, Lemon Mayonnaise, Vegetable clafoutis, ... [All]