Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Wash blackcurrants quickly under running water, you should not soak them.
Drain carefully, then pour into a vegetable mill and turn.
Do this in stages.
- You will a get a puree which still contain skins and seeds.
- 5 min.Pour this puree into a fine strainer, and push through using a maryse or soft spatula.
- Continue in stages until only seeds remain in the strainer. Discard them.
- Your blackcurrant coulis is ready. You can use it now and add sugar, or freeze it.
Remarks:Unlike other fruits, blackcurrants should not be blended, because vegetable mills give better results.
If blackcurrants are very difficult to mill, you can soften them by putting in boiling water for 30 second then draining, this will break skins.