Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Peel 300 g walnuts.
If the kernels are large, chop roughly with a broad-bladed knife.
- 5 min.Put a frying pan on high heat without fat.
Roast nuts while stirring continuously to prevent burning, for 4 or 5 minutes.
They should brown slightly, but without smoking or burning.
- 1 min.Turn down the heat.
Add 3 tablespoons caster sugar, it will melt and quickly caramelize.
- 5 min.Continue stirring, still over low heat, until all the nuts are coated with caramel but not burned.
- 1 min.When nuts are well caramelized, tip out the nuts onto your working surface to stop the cooking quickly.
Stir nuts with a fork to prevent them sticking together while they cool.
Wait until they are cold before eating, they're better...
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Walnuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Jura bread, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French Family Cake, Chocolate mug cake, Apple Batter Puddings, Stewed apple (compote), Pitta bread, ... [All]