Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- Maybe you'll see a ring of frozen cream all around the inside of the bowl; that's good news, meaning that your cream is at the right temperature.
- 3 min.Remove bowl from the freezer and without delay, whip cream at high spped. It becomes firm in about 2 or 3 minutes, 5 minutes maximum.
- Continue to whip until the cream is firm enough, not too much otherwise you will make butter.
Your Chantilly cream is ready.
- Chantilly cream can be made with a gourmet whip, see how in this video.
Remarks:There's a well known little story which says that Vattel, chef to the prince of Condé, invented Chantilly cream for a party gave by his master for king Louis XIV. There is a lovely scene about it in the Roland Joffé movie "Vattel". It's well told, probably fictionalized, and quite hare-brained ("it's the sugar that makes the cream smooth").
Following the same ideas it is possible to make chocolate chantilly and foie gras chantilly.
Recipes which use it: 21, of which:
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Fillets of sole Dieppoise, Broccoli savoury custard, Spaghetti with mussels and basil, Toffee apple upside-down cake, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apricot fool, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Cramique, Yvetot Douillons, Mulled wine Belle-Plagne style, ... [All]