Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 10 min.Add 2 eggs...
- 5 min....and mix thoroughly with the whisk.
- 2 min.Add the juice of the 3 limes. Mix thoroughly again.
- 3 min.Filter the mixture through a fine sieve and discard the zest.
- 1 min.Tip the mixture into a pan.
- 8 min.Leave over low heat, whisking gently until it thickens.
If you have an electronic thermometer, the temperature should reach around 82°C (180°F).
- 10 min.Leave to cool for 10 minutes, until the temperature goes down to 60°C (140°F), then add 100 g butter and, if you wish, 5 drops food colouring.
- 5 min.Mix thoroughly. Your lime (or lemon) curd is ready.
Remarks:For a classic lemon curd, use only 2 lemons (and, of course, no colouring).
Recipes which use it: 3
Source:After Pierre Hermé.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant liqueur, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Cooking sugar, Sushi, Nantes Tourton, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pretzels, Saltimbocca, Eggs "en cocotte" with spinach, Lime meringue tart, Quail egg canapés, ... [All]
- Lime: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spicy seafood plancha, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Mixed salad, Caribbean upside-down cake, Pavlova, ... [All]