Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Put 150 g pine nuts in a pan without any oil. Dry roast briefly over high heat, stirring frequently.
- 10 min.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Blend, adding a thin stream of olive oil gradually until it produces a fairly thick paste, something like the consistency of jam.
Your pesto is ready. If you are not going to use it right away, put it in a sealed jar in the fridge, where it will keep for several days.
- Appreciate pesto at its best on plain pasta, with a few shavings of Parmesan: a pure delight.
Remarks:In this recipe the proportions are not all that important, so you can vary them (a little more, a little less) according to your taste. If you are fond of garlic, for example, you can double the quantity indicated.
It's not absolutely necessary to roast the pine nuts, but I find that it gives the pesto a richer flavour.
If you don't have any pine nuts, you can use walnuts instead.
Recipes which use it: 7Of which:
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pine nuts: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Crunchy salad, ... [All]
- Parmigiano reggiano (Parmesan): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin of purple artichokes, Meatballs, Spaghetti Carbonara, Tomato foccacia, Poivrade Artichoke Salad, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and courgette tart, French dressing (vinaigrette), Thaï rice with small vegetables, Baked leek and Camembert slices, Ham "friand" pie, ... [All]