Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.Bring 1 litre milk to the boil in a large pan.
Salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Trickle in 280 g polenta powder while whisking...
- 5 min....and beat until the polenta thickens...
- 3 min....and the mixture is smooth. Check the seasoning. If you intend using your polenta rather like mashed potato, add a little butter or olive oil to stop it from going stiff and it's ready.
- 1 hourFor fried polenta, pour the mixture into a large flat tray or dish and spread it out evenly.
Leave to cool and set for at least 1 hour.
- 3 min.Cut lines with a knife, first in one direction...
- 3 min....then across the other way...
- ...to will give you small cubes of polenta.
- 7 min.Fry these in a little olive oil in a frying pan...
- ... rolling them around until golden brown all over.
Remarks:You can also make polenta just using water, but I don't find this as good.
Recipes which use it: 4
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Prune Far, Little vanilla, clementine and chestnut verrines, Nantes Tourton, Loaf for "les filles'", Crackers, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Seafood sauerkraut, Red mullet fillets in a quick marinade, Avocado and smoked salmon terrine , Blanquette of veal, "Oeufs rabattus" with leeks, ... [All]