Step by step recipe:
- 35 min.
- 1 min.Cover and cook on medium heat...
- 10 min....for 10 minutes maximum, until potimarron pieces are soft (check with the point of a knife, which should go in easily).
- 5 min.Drain off as much water as possible by tipping up the pan, then blend thoroughly.
If you have problems blending puree because it is too thick, add a little milk.
- 1 min.
- 20 min.If you want to do as chefs do, pass your puree through a sieve.
It will then be perfectly smooth and creamy.
Remarks:Of course, if you don't have potimarron you can do the same thing with normal pumpkin but the flavour is not so good.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Water: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Quince and apple compote, Mushroom velouté, Sorrel soup, How to use gelatin, Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée), ... [All]
- Japanese chestnut pumpkin (Potimarron): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Potimarron and celeriac autumn soup, Potimarron braised in meat jus, Pumpkin (or potimarron) soup, Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, How to prepare a pumpkin (or potimarron), ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Steak burger topped with egg, Home-made potato crisps , Fillets of sole meunière, Four-tier glasses, Kérinou slices, ... [All]