Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- The aim is to cook eggs slowly, not to get an omelette but something smooth.
To do this, stir eggs continously with a maryse or soft spatula, especially on bottom and around sides.
- After some time (about 10 minutes), you will note that the eggs start to thicken, so pay more attention to bottom and sides.
- Stop when you get something like a thick soup.
Remove immediately from bain-marie, but don't stop stirring.
- 25 min.Add 50 g butter in small pieces, and continue stirring until butter is completely melted.
- Your œufs brouillés (scrambled eggs) are ready.
You can eat them now or use them in another recipe, they go well with many things.
Remarks:The most common error is to cook too fast or too hot, in which case you will get a kind of omelette, which has nothing in common with the delicacy of "œufs brouillés".
Probably due to preparation time, it's quite impossible to find œufs brouillés in restaurants now, which is a a pity.
Some recipes add cream to the eggs, I don't think it's necessary.
You can make your scrambled eggs in advance and reheat them (still in a bain-marie) at the last moment, but be careful to not cook them any further.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Grandma Solange's biscuits, Almond macaroon cake, Strawberry and rhubarb crumble, Chocolate sauce, Stock-pot fish , ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Eggs with tomatoes and courgettes, Meatballs, Flaky chocolate brioche, Mirlitons, Sausage buckwheat pancakes, ... [All]
- Salt: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coq au vin, Penne with Mushrooms, Ciabatta, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Breton galettes (pancakes), ... [All]
- Pepper: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Aperitif rolls, Nicholas's fish, Lemon Mayonnaise, Tomato omelette, ... [All]