Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 3 min....and mix thoroughly.
- 10 min.Place small heaps of the mixture on a non-stick baking sheet (this is important as the macaroons tend to stick).
Do not place the heaps too close together as the mixture will spread a little during cooking.
- 3 min.If possible, spray the tops with a little water as this helps them to turn a nice golden brown as they cook.
- 25 min.Bake for about 25 minutes, watching for colouration.: the macaroons should stay fairly pale, but with a golden brown edge.
Unstick the macaroons from the baking sheet while still hot, as this is easier, and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Calissons, Apricot blancmange, Amaretti, Arlesian Biscuits, Blackcurrant-almond muffins, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Royal icing, X-Files cookies, Arlesian Biscuits, Almond dacquoise, Little Christmas biscuits, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Marzipan (almond paste), Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Peach and verbena feuilleté, Chocolate mousse, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]