Step by step recipe:
- 20 min.Peel 4 apples, cut in four and remove core.
- 20 min.
- 10 min.Slice 300 g Stewed apple (compote) fairly thinly (1/2 cm or 0.4 inch thick) and remove crust.
Cut into rectangles same height as your mould, and triangles for top and bottom.
Try the brioches pieces in the mould to check for fit: the rectangles should overlap slightly.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Put under the grill.
- 5 min.Supervise carefully, remove brioche pieces as soon as they are golden brown.
- 5 min.Brush the mould with melted butter, then put in 1 tablespoon caster sugar and spread it around evenly by shaking and turning.
We do this to make turning out easier after cooking.
Preheat oven to 392°F (200°C).
- 3 min.Line the mould with brioche pieces, toasted side against the mould, overlapping the rectangles slightly.
- 2 min.Add stewed apples to about ¼ depth of mould.
- 2 min.Then a layer of caramelized apples .
- 4 min.Then a second stewed apples layer, and finally a layer of brioche .
- 40 min.Put in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- 20 min.Allow to cool a for a while before turning out.
Remarks:For a quicker, easier version, don't make caramelized apples, just used more stewed apple.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Stewed apple (compote): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Express apple tart, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Amiens macaroons, Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sandwich bread, Foie gras fingers, Chocolate mug cake, Colcannon, Steamed leeks with morel sabayon, ... [All]
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Apple and almond gratin, Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Stewed apple (compote), ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Fillets of sole meunière, White asparagus salad, Warm apple feuillantines, Pain perdu, ... [All]