Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Melt 20 g butter.
- 5 min.
- Peel 2 kgs apple, remove the core and slice.
Begin filling the dish by spreading a layer of apple slices in the bottom...
- ...and sprinking with caster sugar.
- 20 min.Continue filling the dish, alternating layers of apple and sugar.
You can press the apples down and even overfill the dish, as the fruit will settle during cooking.
Finish with another brushing of melted butter and more sugar.
- 1 min.Fold the edges of the paper over the top and hold in place with a metal object, such as a desert ring or spoon.
- 3 hoursBake in the oven for 3 hours.
- When done, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Turn out the cold terrine by pulling on the paper.
- Serve in slices, warm if possible, with custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bonnevaux apple tart, Quince and apple compote, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Four quarters (adding fruit), Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Pears in red wine with blackcurrant , Caramelized brioche with pear and kiwi, Individual charlottes with morello cherries, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Norman flambéed apples, Italian Meringue, Pavlova, Buckwheat almond biscuits, Brioche dough, ... [All]