Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Melt 20 g butter.
- 5 min.
- Peel 2 kgs apple, remove the core and slice.
Begin filling the dish by spreading a layer of apple slices in the bottom...
- ...and sprinking with caster sugar.
- 20 min.Continue filling the dish, alternating layers of apple and sugar.
You can press the apples down and even overfill the dish, as the fruit will settle during cooking.
Finish with another brushing of melted butter and more sugar.
- 1 min.Fold the edges of the paper over the top and hold in place with a metal object, such as a desert ring or spoon.
- 3 hoursBake in the oven for 3 hours.
- When done, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Turn out the cold terrine by pulling on the paper.
- Serve in slices, warm if possible, with custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Tart Tatin, Caramelised apple pie, Windfall apple jelly, Express apple tart, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, ... [All]
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , European glass, Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Individual charlottes with morello cherries, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Meringues, Sandwich bread, Vanilla ice cream, Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Almond macaroon cake, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Grilled cheese, Eggs en Cocotte à la Française, Coconut tuiles, How to cook rice in rice-cooker, Liège waffles, ... [All]