Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 5 min.If you have any dough left over, you can cut it out in small shapes to make biscuits which you can top with an almond, a pistachio or a simply pinch of caster sugar.
- 10 min.Over the dough, spread out 200 g Almond cream or frangipane in an even layer, put in the refrigerator until cooking.
- 30 min.If you can face it, peel the apricots, like for tomatos by scalding them. This peeling has two advantages: the apricots are more pleasant to eat, and they are less acid while cooking.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Divide each apricot in half, and discard the stones.
- 5 min.Arrange the apricots halves on the almond cream, round side upwards, and press down lightly.
- 35 min.Cook for 30/35 minutes. If making biscuits, take them out as soon as they are golden, after about 10 minutes.
- Remove tart as soon as the almond cream is nicely browned, leave to cool on a rack.
- 5 min.If possible "glaze" the top with a pastrycook's glaze or a little apricot jam.
Remarks:The acidity of apricots and the sweetness of the almond cream go very very well together.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apricots: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Dried apricots, Stewed apricots, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Little lime tarts, How to bake blind a pastry cake , Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Crust for tea, Strawberry Verveine Tart , ... [All]
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Exotic fruit tart, Rhubarb tart, Plum tart, Epiphany galette, ... [All]