Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 25 min.Choose 12 apples that are a bit acidic and sharp like "reinettes", Peel them and discard core.
Arrange close together in the dish.
- 3 min.Put 2 small pieces of butter on each apple.
- 3 min.Pour one or two tablespoons of maple syrup over each apple .
- If you like it (like me), you can put a little more maple syrup directly in the bottom of the dish too, it's impossible to put too much maple syrup...
- 3 min.If you have used an apple-peeler, you can push a toothpick through each apple to hold it together.
Put the dish in the oven.
- 30 min.Let the apples cook until they are soft (about 30 minutes).
If possible during cooking pour the juice from the bottom of the plate over the apples with a spoon.
Remove toothpicks if used and enjoy!
You can serve this dessert with a tablespoon of "crème chantilly" (whipped cream) - pure delight!