Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 10 min.
- 7 min.Cook as for a normal confectioner's custard, then stand the pan to cool in cold water, stirring occasionally to avoid a skin forming.
When the custard is still warm, add the juice of 1 lime and 4 drops food colouring (green), and beat vigourously.
Leave to cool completely, still with the pan in cold water.
- 10 min.Meanwhile, prepare or thaw 300 ml Blackcurrant coulis, which should be completely smooth in texture.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Then pour the hot syrup into the blackcurrant coulis and mix well.
You can use a hand-mixer briefly for this if you wish, to ensure thorough mixing.
- 7 min.Begin assembling the verrines by putting a layer of cold (or barely warm) confectioner's custard in bottom of each glass. Use a forcing bag if possible, as this makes the job much easier.
- 5 min.Pour a layer of blackcurrant coulis on top while this is still warm and sufficiently runny.
- 7 min.Finish with a layer of whipped cream (chantilly), which you can dust with a little matcha green tea powder.
Remarks:If you wish to prepare the dessert in advance, this is not a problem for the 2 layers of lime and blackcurrant, but it's wise to prepare the whipped cream at the last minute; it's always better.
And to drink?A slightly sweet wine, such as a white Côtes de Gascogne, like "Gros Manseng" from the Cassagnoles estate.
Source:Home-made, but dedicated to Pol, who has not been able to taste this yet, but he will...
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Blackcurrant coulis: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon creams, Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, Pannacotta and blackcurrant crumble, ... [All]
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), Mustard baps, Liège waffles, Kugelhof for Nanou, Buckwheat pancakes, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Melon with port sorbet, Pavlova, Pear sorbet, Baked Alaska, Peach and verbena feuilleté, ... [All]