Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.
- 5 min.
- 7 min.
- 1 min.When it comes to the boil, tip in 3 g agar-agar (mixed with 1 tsp sugar to make it easier to incorporate).
- 3 min.Beat to mix thoroughly and remove from the heat.
You can use a blender briefly to make sure that the agar-agar is properly mixed in.
- 15 min.Stand the pan in cold water to help the mixture set more quickly.
Stir from time to time until it starts to thicken.
- 3 min.Then pour into the pastry case...
- ...to make the bottom "coconut" layer.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.
- 8 min.When the chocolate has melted into the cream to form a smooth mixture, add the drained gelatin and 1 knob butter.
- 10 min.Mix again and stand the pan in cold water to speed up the cooling process.
- 5 min.Once the chocolate is cool or barely lukewarm, pour over the coconut layer.
Refrigerate the tart for at least one hour to give the chocolate time to set firmly.
Remarks:Best eaten the day it is made, otherwise the base will start to go soft.
[Translator's note: just right for a hard-working translator's coffee break!].
Source:Home made, but warmly dedicated to Alison.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Exotic fruit tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, Chocolate tart, Pear tart with almond cream, Strawberry tart, ... [All]
- Unsweetened coconut milk: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Like Bounty, African style chicken, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cream sauce with Vin Jaune, Mushroom buckwheat pancakes, Elsa's Comtoise galette, Chocolate tart, Quartet of brassicas with cream , ... [All]
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate Chantilly , Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Chocolate mug cake, Chestnut Fudge Cupcakes, Chocolate muffins, ... [All]