Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
Cut slices of brioche 0.8 inch thick (or 1.5 cm) and put on a baking sheet.
- 3 min.Mix 4 tablespoons Sugar syrup and 1 tablespoon rum.
- 5 min.With a brush, drench each slice with this syrup.
- 8 min.Spread a good layer of almond cream.
- 3 min.Scatter with 2 tablespoons flaked almonds.
- 3 min.
- 20 min.Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, until slices are light brown on top and almond cream well risen.
- 5 min.Leave to cool before serving.
Remarks:For a softer dessert you can remove crusts from brioche slices before adding syrup, this will allow you to cook longer without the crust browning too much, like in these photos.
Don't hesitate to use thicker slices, in which case add syrup to both sides.
A dessert suggestion: serve warm, with a vanilla ice-cream.
Source:Home made, but after a Gaston Lenôtre recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Epiphany galette, Pear tart with almond cream, Rhubarb tart, Apricot and almond cream tart, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Alaska, Melon with port sorbet, Framboisier, Pear sorbet, Fruit salad, ... [All]
- Flaked almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cookies, Nanou's chocolate cake, Paris-Brest, Flaked almond tart, Nougatine, ... [All]