Step by step recipe:
- 7 min.Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
Cut slices of brioche 0.8 inch thick (or 1.5 cm) and put on a baking sheet.
- 3 min.Mix 4 tablespoons Sugar syrup and 1 tablespoon rum.
- 5 min.With a brush, drench each slice with this syrup.
- 8 min.Spread a good layer of almond cream.
- 3 min.Scatter with 2 tablespoons flaked almonds.
- 3 min.
- 20 min.Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, until slices are light brown on top and almond cream well risen.
- 5 min.Leave to cool before serving.
Remarks:For a softer dessert you can remove crusts from brioche slices before adding syrup, this will allow you to cook longer without the crust browning too much, like in these photos.
Don't hesitate to use thicker slices, in which case add syrup to both sides.
A dessert suggestion: serve warm, with a vanilla ice-cream.
Source:Home made, but after a Gaston Lenôtre recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Almond cream or frangipane: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rhubarb tart, Epiphany galette, Apple amandine tarts from Brélès, Exotic fruit tart, Pear tart with almond cream, ... [All]
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, Strawberry Charlotte, Fruit coulis (fruit purée), 4 pears salad with vanilla, Peach and verbena feuilleté, ... [All]
- Flaked almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Almond tuiles, Broad bean salad with Parmesan, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Toasted flaked almonds, Benoîton, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coconut paste, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Arizona cupcakes, Santiago Cake, Walnut short bread, ... [All]