Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 800 g apple and cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Add the apple pieces on top...
- 15 min....and leave to caramelize, stirring from time to time, until evenly done.
Leave to cool.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Arrange the caramelized apples in the centre, keeping them away from the edge.
- 5 min.Brush around the edge of the second circle with beaten egg.
- 2 hoursAnd place this on top of the bottom circle, pressing down gently around the edge to stick them together.
Glaze the top with beaten egg and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- 30 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Glaze the top once more and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Best enjoyed warm, if possible.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Toffee apple upside-down cake, Bonnevaux apple tart, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Apple and almond gratin, ... [All]
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche galette, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, St Tropez tart, Eggs in brioche nests, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Toffee apple upside-down cake, Almond tuiles, Brioche dough, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Eton mess, ... [All]