Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 800 g apple and cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Add the apple pieces on top...
- 15 min....and leave to caramelize, stirring from time to time, until evenly done.
Leave to cool.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Arrange the caramelized apples in the centre, keeping them away from the edge.
- 5 min.Glaze the edge of the second circle.
- 2 hoursAnd place this on top of the bottom circle, pressing down gently around the edge to stick them together.
Glaze the top with beaten egg and leave in a warm place to rise for 2 hours.
- 30 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Glaze the top once more and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Best enjoyed warm, if possible.
Remarks:Try to use apples with a small acidity, best for this recipe.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Apple Batter Puddings, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Tart Tatin, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chinois, Brioche galette, Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, Sausage in brioche, St Tropez tart, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Candied grapefruit peel, Crème brulée, Meringues, Muffin dough, Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cabbage julienne with ham, Apple and almond gratin, Spinach and Comté Loaf, Fillet of pollack cooked in two stages, Pistachio madeleines, ... [All]