Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Add 2 tablespoons rum and beat again.
- 3 min.Pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan.
- 24 min.Beat to mix well.
The batter is ready. Cover and refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
This resting time is very important for the recipe to work properly.
- 3 min.After this time, a skin may have formed on the top. Beat to mix once again.
Preheat the oven to 240°C (460°F).
- 5 min.
- 1 hourBake for one hour (the time will depend on your oven), until the cannelés are nicely browned on the outside but still soft in the middle.
Remarks:You can replace the rum with another flavouring of your choice.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and verbena feuilleté, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Vanilla ice cream, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pancake batter, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Old style brioche, Gâteau Basque , Jam doughnuts, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cod loin with saffron, Meatballs, Doughnuts, Fish in a sesame crust, Rabbit civet, ... [All]