Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Cut slices of brioche about 1cm (0.4 inch) thick, 2 rounds per person (a cutter is the ideal tool for this).
Ideally the circles should be about 6 cm (2.3 inches) in diameter.
- 5 min.Take half the cicles and cut out the centres to leave a ring of brioche 1cm (0.4 inch) wide (see the photo).
So for each person, you should have 1 circle + 1 ring (of the same diameter, as they will be placed one on top of the other).
- 10 min.Peel 2 kiwis and cut into small pieces. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Vanilla sugar and mix well.
- 3 min.
- 7 min.
- It is best to do this in a large pan, if you can (not like in the photos), so that all the circles can be cooked evenly at the same time.
- Place each fried circle on a serving plate.
- 7 min.Caramelize the rings in the same way.
If the sugar on the bottom of the pan is a bit burnt and black, do clean the pan first, then melt some more butter.
- 3 min.Place each ring on top of a circle. If you do this while they are still very hot, they should stick to each other, which is good.
- 5 min.Fill the centre with the compote and kiwi mixture and pour the custard around.
It is now ready to serve.
Remarks:If you do not have clarified butter, use normal butter, but be careful as it turns brown and burns more quickly than the clarified kind.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Pear compote : You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Norman flambéed apples, Warm apple feuillantines, Individual charlottes with morello cherries, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pannacotta and blackcurrant crumble, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Pear compote , Gravlax, Puits d'amour, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flambéd bananas , Breton leek and mushroom tart, Veal Chop With Assortment of Vegetables, Chilli langoustines, White asparagus salad, ... [All]