Step by step recipe:
- 50 min.
- 10 min.Once the custard is made, cover and leave to cool.
- 20 min.Peel 3 grapefruits, you need about 6 segments per guest.
Place the segments on a rack over a plate, sprinkle with sugar, and leave at room temperature. This is so that the grapefruit does not produce too much juice when the dessert is finally assembled.
- 20 min.Peel 1 pineapple, cut into quarters lengthways, then into slices approximately 1/2 cm (1/4 inch) thick. You should obtain 6 pieces by guest.
- 5 min.Just before serving, divide grapefruit segments between serving plates.
- 10 min.
- 5 min.Put a piece of pineapple beside each grapefruit segment.
- 5 min.
Remarks:For complete success in this recipe there should be a contrast between the cold grapefruit and custard, and hot pineapple.
If you don't have citrus crunch, you could add a pinch of cococa powder instead, and/or flaked almonds.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cornmeal baps for Anne, Bonnevaux apple tart, Chocolate cream, Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Vanilla ice cream, How to succeed in making sabayon (syllabub), Chocolate cream, Four quarters, Oat shortbread biscuits, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Breton Pie, French onion soup, Fried bread with leek and poached egg , Chocolate sauce, Chestnut cake, ... [All]