Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 4 min.Knead on low speed for 3 or 4 minutes until evenly mixed.
- 10 min.
- 1 hourGather the dough together and form into a roll about 4 cm (2") diameter, then wrap in plastic film and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- 7 min.Preheat oven to 180°C (360°F).
Remove dough from fridge and cut slices 0.5 cm (¼") thick.
You will find that as you slice, the roll of dough will deform, so turn it as you go, and if necessary reshape the slices.
- 3 min.Place the slices of dough on a baking sheet.
- 20 min.Cook for about 20 minutes, then leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:It is important not to overcook these cookies, otherwise they will become dry and less tempting.
You can use commercially prepared chocolate chips rather than breaking up a chocolate bar.