Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.Pour hot milk onto mix while stirring.
- 3 min.Clean pan, and pour mix back in through a strainer.
- 7 min.Put pan on medium heat and cook as for custard (crème anglaise).
- 2 min.As soon as it's cooked, add chocolate.
- 2 min.Stir until all chocolate is melted and makes the chocolate cream (taste it, it's already delicious).
Cover and leave to cool.
- 5 min.Cut 50 g Candied grapefruit peel into very small pieces.
- 10 min.Prepare Irish coffee mousse: into a gourmet whip pour 50 ml Sugar syrup, 50 ml cold coffee, 125 ml liquid cream and 25 ml whisky.
- 5 min.A short time before serving, prepare small pots: half fill with chocolate cream.
Add a layer of nuts and candied peel.
- 5 min.Fill almost to the top with chocolate cream.
- 5 min.And top with a layer of Irish coffee mousse.Serve without waiting, otherwise nuts and grapefruit peel will lose their crunch.
Add a stip of candied grapefruit peel, and for example finger biscuits.
Remarks:If you don't have a gourmet whisk, make a classic chantilly cream with double or whipping cream (not pouring cream) that you mix with coffee+whisky+syrup, and then whip as usual. You can also use a simple chantilly.
You can replace Whisky by Bailey's, the mousse will be a bit less alcoholic.
If you will think that there are not enough photos of preparing mousse, you're right. I have forgot to take them when preparing recipe. I'll do it next time, I promise...
Source:Home made, but this recipe is warmly dedicated to my friend Conor from Dublin, who taught me how to make Irish Coffee in AltaMira a long time ago.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: "BN style" chocolate-filled biscuits, Purée of Jerusalem artichokes with foie gras, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Caesar salad, Nicholas's fish, ... [All]
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh mint ice-cream, Elsa's Comtoise galette, Real custard sauce (crème anglaise), Celeriac soup with mustard, Coconut-vanilla cream for Elsa , ... [All]
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to make chocolate chips, Chocolate almond cookies, Brownie, Chocolate ganache, Flaky brownie brioche, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Artichoke hearts forestier , Eton mess, Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, Chocolate sauce, Turnip and sesame puree (tahina) soup, ... [All]
- 5 min.