Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Add 60 g butter cut in small pieces, and continue to stir...
- ... until you get a nice smooth shiny chocolate.
- 3 min.Add 2 egg yolks, and continue to stir until completely mixed.
- 10 min.Leave the chocolate to cool a few minutes. We do that to be sure that it will not be too hot when added to the beaten egg-whites.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Take about 2 tablespoons of beaten egg-whites and add them to the chocolate.
- We do that to make chocolate lighter, easier to add to the remaining egg-whites.
- 1 min.Pour the "light" chocolate into the remaining beaten egg-whites.
- 5 min.And finish the mousse by folding in gently.
For this, it's best to tip the bowl and to turn with the maryse from top to bottom, lifting the mixture each time.
The goal is to succeed in mixing the egg whites into the chocolate without letting them "fall", so making a beautiful light mousse...
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Remarks:To reinforce the chocolate taste with something stronger, you can add two or three tablespoons of strong coffee to the pan after the butter.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Millefeuille, Flaky brownie brioche, Brownie, Chocolate tart, Bounty-style tart for Alison, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tart Tatin, Filo leeks and cheese tart, French-style peas, Breton Pie, Mussels marinière, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Clafoutis "Marie-Antoinette", Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Chocolate madeleines, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Succès praliné (praline meringue), ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, Smoked eggs, Breton sablé biscuit dough, Apple confectioner's custard, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), ... [All]