Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Add 60 g butter cut in small pieces, and continue to stir...
- ... until you get a nice smooth shiny chocolate.
- 3 min.Add 2 egg yolks, and continue to stir until completely mixed.
- 10 min.Leave the chocolate to cool a few minutes. We do that to be sure that it will not be too hot when added to the beaten egg-whites.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Take about 2 tablespoons of beaten egg-whites and add them to the chocolate.
- We do that to make chocolate lighter, easier to add to the remaining egg-whites.
- 1 min.Pour the "light" chocolate into the remaining beaten egg-whites.
- 5 min.And finish the mousse by folding in gently.
For this, it's best to tip the bowl and to turn with the maryse from top to bottom, lifting the mixture each time.
The goal is to succeed in mixing the egg whites into the chocolate without letting them "fall", so making a beautiful light mousse...
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Remarks:To reinforce the chocolate taste with something stronger, you can add two or three tablespoons of strong coffee to the pan after the butter.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Hot chocolate, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, Chocolate sauce, Chocolate mug cake, Flaky brownie brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chestnut moelleux, Chestnut cake, Pork Chops with Rosemary, Cheese Soufflé, Pesto crackers, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Calissons, Oat financiers for Louise, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Stuffed prunes, Meringues, ... [All]
- Egg yolk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Dauphinoise potatoes with Serano ham, Leek and fresh tuna tart, Gâteau Breton (Brittany butter cake), Eggs Comtoise, ... [All]