Step by step recipe:
- 1 hour 40 min.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Beat to mix thoroughly.
- 3 min.Then add beaten eggs to the chocolate mixture, and mix well.
- 2 min.Pour the mixture into the pastry case.
- 15 min.Cook about 15 minutes, watching carefully. The tart should still be the "trembling" slightly in the centre to be perfect.
- 10 min.Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack (careful - it's very very fragile). Serve warm or cold the same day, while the pastry is still crisp and the chocolate creamy, a pure delight!
- For a professional look which eliminates small imperfections from the surface (like in the photograph), remember to pour the mixture into the tart through a very fine strainer.
Remarks:To decorate, you can sprinkle it, when cold, with a little cocoa powder, icing sugar and/or chocolate chips.
You can also add a delicious citrus fruit flavour to the chocolate, by adding a fine layer of candied grapefruit peel before pouring in the chocolate.
Source:After Joël Robuchon.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, How to roll out pastry for a tart, Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Exotic fruit tart, Strawberry tart, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nicholas's fish, Spaghetti with smoked salmon, Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Courgette tart with mint, Bounty-style tart for Alison, ... [All]
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bounty-style tart for Alison, Chocolate madeleines, How to make chocolate chips, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Chocolate almond cookies, ... [All]