Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Spread the apple filling over the pricked half of the pastry, leaving 1cm (1/2 inch) free around the edge.
- 2 min.Moisten the edge of the pastry with a brush.
- 2 min.And fold the pastry over to form the cochelin.
- 3 min.Fold the edge inwards to seal and give a decorative finish.
- 2 min.Glaze the cochelin.
- 1 min.You can add decorative cuts on the top with the point of a knife if you wish.
- 1 hourRefrigerate for 1 hour.
- 30 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). Bake the cochelin for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
Serve either warm or cold.
Remarks:This is best made with slightly tart apples, such as reine des reinettes.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Stewed apple (compote), Tarte Jurassienne, Apple Batter Puddings, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Baked apples from St Aubin le Vertueux, ... [All]
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Leek and artichoke tart à la piémontaise, Nanou's tuna tart, Courgette tart with mint, Icelandic-style fish and vegetable pie, Puits d'amour, ... [All]
- Stewed apple (compote): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Apple semelles (flat apple tarts), Express apple tart, Linzer torte, Amiens macaroons, Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, ... [All]
- Vanilla sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate muffins, Half-cooked chocolate cake with raspberry coulis, Amiens macaroons, Gâteau Nantais, Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, ... [All]