Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Turn the heat down and tip in 150 g flour all at once.
Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough collects into a ball.
Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes. You can transfer the dough to a bowl now if you prefer.
- 5 min.Add 3 eggs one at a time, mixing well as you add each one...
- ...until evenly mixed.
- 2 min.Pour in 120 g cream and mix once more.
- 2 min.Finish by adding 1 tablespoon orange flower water (if you wish) and mix one last time.
- 3 min.Spread the dough out into a buttered tart mould or tin.
- 3 min.Glaze the top with beaten egg yolk using a brush.
- 3 min.Draw lines with a fork to decorative the top.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes, watching for colouration.
And to drink?For a dessert Comtois the best is a wine Comtois: a small glass of "vin de paille" will be the top!
Source:Elsa, of course - she did all of it.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Naan, Vanilla ice cream, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Sandwich bread, Fresh mint ice-cream, ... [All]
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nantes Tourton, Fish in a sesame crust, Cheese Soufflé, Muffin dough, Toffee apple upside-down cake, ... [All]
- Cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin Dauphinois, Household cake (Gâteau de ménage), Potatoes with prawns, Lobster Thermidor, Baked potoatoes with herb butter or cream , ... [All]