Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- 1 min.Put 150 g butter in a pan over low heat.
- 3 min.Melt butter, skim off and discard any white foam which forms on the surface.
- 5 min.The butter will boil and make plenty of noise.
- 5 min.After a while, the butter will stop boiling and give off a light hazelnut perfume.
Remove from heat, and allow your "beurre noisette" ("hazelnut butter") to cool.
- 5 min.Mix 110 g egg white with flour, almonds and icing sugar mixture.
- 2 min.While still warm add butter to mixture, through a fine strainer to strain out any residue.
- 2 min.Mix well.
- 5 min.Pour mixture in moulds without filling them completely, because financiers rise during cooking.
- 15 min.Put in the oven for about 15 minutes, remove as soon as they are golden brown.
- You can also make fruits financiers by using small fruits like blackcurrant for example.
Put 2 or 3 by mould.
- And cook normally.
You can use so any small fruits like raspberries, blueberry, strawberries, etc.You can also taste the pistachio financiers.
Remarks:So that they remain nice and moist, it's important that financiers are not overcooked. Watch carefully towards the end of cooking time.
Serve financiers with coffee or tea, or with fruit desserts.
Source:From Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Amaretti, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Paris-Brest, Santiago Cake, Finger biscuits, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pilau rice, Brioche dough, Cheese Soufflé, Chocolate sweetcrust pastry, Two-stage beef chuck , ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Swiss meringues, Eton mess, Pistachio powder or paste, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Nougat, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Nanou's chocolate cake, Caribbean upside-down cake, Mirlitons, Almond dacquoise, Apricot blancmange, ... [All]