Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 1 min.
- 1 min.Toast 80 g whole almonds and 80 g pistachios by putting them on a baking sheet.
- 5 min.And put in hot oven 200°C or 392°F for 3 - 5 minutes. Watch this carefully: almonds and pistachios should not be too browned.
- 5 min.Once cooled, coarsly blend or chop almonds and pistachios. Set aside.
- 3 min.Cut 80 g dried apricots into fine strips.
- 3 min.Cut strips again in small dice.
- 5 min.Put 80 g raisins in boiling water and leave to swell 5 minutes.
- 5 min.Warm (in microwave for instance) 2 tablespoons rum.
Drain gelatin, dry it on a teatowel, then dissolve in warmed rum.
- 30 min.Prepare 350 g Italian Meringue, and while you finish beating, add gelatin in rum a spoonful at a time.
- 5 min.Add raisins and apricots to meringue.
- 2 min.Then almonds and pistachios.
- 5 min.And finally whipped cream.
- Tilt the bowl and fold the ingredients gently into the meringue.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Fill the mould with mixture without pressing down, it should remain light.
- Fold over plastic film on top, and put in the freezer overnight or longer.
- On the day, slice the nougat and serve on a plate, surrounded with a little raspberry coulis, and with a mint leaf and/or piece of crystallized grapefruit on top.
Remarks:Any kind of dried fruits can be substituted: instead of apricots, raisins, almonds and pistachios you can use walnuts, hazelnuts, prunes, bananas, etc.
Same thing for the coulis, it can be made with strawberries, blackberries, blackcurrants,... I really recommend you use something slightly acidic to contrast with the sweetness of the nougat.
For the meringue you have two possible methods:
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Italian Meringue: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Pear and lime meringue pie, Lime meringue tart, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate sauce, Croque-monsieur complet, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Tatin apples with mascarpone cream, Endive and beer soup, ... [All]
- Fruit coulis (fruit purée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coupe Augustin, Fillings for macaroons, Apricot fool, Peach Melba, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , ... [All]
- Raisins: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Little apple turnovers with almonds and raisins, Pecan fruit rolls , Panettone, Kugelhof for Nanou, Chocolate cereal bars, ... [All]