Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat your oven at 210°C ou 410°F.
Butter your dish with a knob of butter.
- 20 min.You can use any fruits in season: apples, pears, plums, red fruits, apricots, raspberries, pineapple, etc.
If you use large fruit for your crumble (apples, pears, plums,...): peel, remove the core or stone, and cut into small pieces.
Put a good layer of fruit into the dish.
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Then add 100 g butter cut into small pieces.
- 5 min.Rub in lightly with your fingtips. You should get a mix something like breadcrumbs, and no problems if there are still a few lumps of butter.
- 5 min.Cover the layer of fruit with the crumle topping, you should not leave any fruit showing otherwise it will burn during cooking.
- 30 min.Put in the oven for about 30 minutes, until top is nicely browned. If necessary finish under the grill.
- Serve warm, preferably with a large dollop of creme chantilly.
Remarks:If your fruits are slightly acid, your can sprinkle some sugar on, before adding crumble mix. Be careful because doing this bring out the juice during cooking. On the other hand, if your fruits are very sweet or a bit lacking in flavour, add lemon juice.
Recipes which use it: 1
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Fruit of your choice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fruit coulis (fruit purée), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Moist cereal bars, Gratin Dauphinois, Marchand de vin sauce, Pavlova, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche galette, Citrus crunch, Caramel rice pudding, Soft fruits in sabayon, Buckwheat almond biscuits, ... [All]