Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Beat until evenly mixed.
- 5 min.Tip the mixture straight into a springform (or loose-bottomed) cake tin or mould, ideally 24 cm (9.5 inches) diameter.
- 3 min.Brush the top with beaten egg.
- 2 min.Draw a criss-cross pattern with a fork, then bake for about 50 minutes...
- 50 min....until nicely browned.
Leave to cool in the tin.
Remarks:Gâteau breton keeps very well, several days easily (several weeks, so they say).
French patisserie normally uses unsalted butter, but for a more authentic Breton flavour, use salted butter for half the quantity.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fougasse with bacon and Comté, Chocolate almond cookies, Fresh pasta dough, Bechamel sauce, Arizona cupcakes, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pecan fruit rolls , How to cook caramelized puff pastry well, Pears in red wine with blackcurrant , Baked Alaska, Amaretti, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Coconut tuiles, Sausage buckwheat pancakes, Breton galettes (pancakes), Leek and potato soup, Pan-fried salmon with white cabbage, ... [All]