Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Knead on slow spead until evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a "cake", wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
You can prepare the dough the day before you use it.
- 15 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Roll out the dough to about ½ cm ( ¼ inch) thick, cut into small lozenge shapes and arrange on a baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
- 3 min.Roll out the marzipan and cut out circles with a cutter.
- 3 min.Cut again across the middle to make the leaf shape.
- 5 min.Use a nozzle to create the spiny outline of holly leaves.
- 5 min.Arrange 1 or 2 leaves on each biscuit (depending on their size), add small red sweets for berries and dust with a little icing sugar.
Remarks:For more detailed instructions on working with marzipan, you can see how to make marzipan decorations.
You can stick the holly leaves and berries with a little jam.
If you don't have any red sweets, you might have a few red currants in the freezer.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio "Financiers", Pistachio madeleines, Chocolate sweetcrust pastry, Galette Charentaise, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond tuiles, Spinach and hard-boiled egg gratin, Scrambled eggs with butter-fried bread and fresh spinach, Two-stage beef chuck , Pilau rice, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Succès praliné (praline meringue), Amiens macaroons, Chocolate almond cookies, Jam doughnuts, Moist Lemon Cake, ... [All]
- Marzipan (almond paste): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: How to make marzipan decorations, Arizona cupcakes, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, Fraisier (French strawberry cake), ... [All]