Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Knead on slow spead until evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursGather the dough into a "cake", wrap in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
You can prepare the dough the day before you use it.
- 15 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Roll out the dough to about ½ cm ( ¼ inch) thick, cut into small lozenge shapes and arrange on a baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes.
- 3 min.Roll out the marzipan and cut out circles with a cutter.
- 3 min.Cut again across the middle to make the leaf shape.
- 5 min.Use a nozzle to create the spiny outline of holly leaves.
- 5 min.Arrange 1 or 2 leaves on each biscuit (depending on their size), add small red sweets for berries and dust with a little icing sugar.
Remarks:For more detailed instructions on working with marzipan, you can see how to make marzipan decorations.
You can stick the holly leaves and berries with a little jam.
If you don't have any red sweets, you might have a few red currants in the freezer.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cannelés, Caribbean upside-down cake, Boeuf (beef) bourguignon, Grandma Solange's biscuits, Provençal colombier for Pentecost, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French-style peas, Pavlova, Lime (or lemon) curd, Cigarettes Russes (Piroulines), Nanou's chocolate cake, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate almond cookies, Coconut paste, How to make marzipan decorations, Arizona cupcakes, Toasted almond cake, ... [All]