Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Cut 2 melons in half and remove the seeds.
- 10 min.Cut the melon into small balls with a melon baller (pommes parisiennes spoon).
- 3 min.
- 3 min.Mix 300 ml Sugar syrup and 150 ml Port.
- 20 min.Churn in an ice-cream maker until of sorbet consistency.
- 5 min.Put a layer of sorbet into well-chilled sundae dishes.
- 5 min.Cover with melon balls.
Remarks:For more about sorbets, see the Ice-cream and Sorbets page.
You can replace the port with any alcohol you like. For example, Macvin du Jura gives a very good result.
For a more substantial ice, you can mix in the melon left-over from making the balls.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Strawberry-mint sorbet, Baked Alaska, Pear charlotte, Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, ... [All]
- Port: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Foie gras cured in salt, Terrine of foie gras, Paté en croute (terrine in a pie crust), Crème de foie gras, Lobster Thermidor, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Home-made terrine of foie gras, Eton mess, Crêpes Suzette, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, Rum babas, ... [All]
- Melon: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Minted Melon, ... [All]