Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Unroll the circle of puff pastry and trim into a square or rectangle (or roll out, if it comes as a block).
- 2 min.Glaze the pastry all over.
- 2 min.Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- 2 min.Fold the sides of the pastry in to meet in the centre.
- 3 min.Glaze again and sprinkle with more sugar.
- 2 min.Fold the pastry in half along the join.
- 3 min.Brush with egg and coat with sugar on both sides.
- 2 min.Finish by cutting the pastry into slices about 1cm (1/2 inch) thick...
- ...and arrange these on a baking sheet, not too close together as they will open out during cooking.
- 20 min.Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Loosen from the baking sheet while hot and leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:If you make the puff pastry yourself, you can make your palmiers larger as the pastry will be thicker.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Maroilles cheese quiche, Courgette tart with mint, Quiche Bretonne, Vol-au-vent cases, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked Alaska, Tiramisu, Chocolate mug cake, Almond dacquoise, Pistachio tiramisu, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flaky brownie brioche, Apple Strudel, Kouign-amann brioche, Pecan fruit rolls , Vol-au-vent cases, ... [All]