Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.When butter and chocolate are melted, mix with a whisk to obtain an homogeneous mixture.
- 10 min.Separate whites from yolks of 4 eggs (see how to on this video).
Then add yolks to butter-chocolate mixture...
- 2 min.... and beat well to incorporate.
- 3 min.
- 5 min.Add these dry ingredients to the butter-chocolate-egg yolks mixture, and mix well.
- You will obtain a rather stiff mixture, which is normal.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Take a few tablespoons of egg white, and put them onto mixture.
- 3 min.Incorporate these tablespoons of egg white into the mixt, to lighten it a little.
- 1 min.Pour this "lightened" mixture into remaining egg whites.
- 10 min.
- Incline the bowl to facilitate your work, you should end up with a mixture...
- ... that's smooth and very chocolaty.
- 1 min.If you like, scatter some flaked almonds in the bottom of cake mould.
- 2 min.Then pour mixture in.
- 50 min.Put in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes. Check cooking after 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:This cake should be very moist, so it's important not to overcook it. Watch carefully towards end of cooking time.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Chocolate: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate ganache, Bounty-style tart for Alison, Chocolate mousse with hazelnuts, Brownie, Chocolate cream, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Caribbean upside-down cake, Flognarde, "Buttonhole" quail eggs, Nicholas's fish, New hamburger buns, ... [All]
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Marzipan (almond paste), Arizona cupcakes, Sicilian Epiphany Pie, Crust for tea, Chocolate madeleines, ... [All]