Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.The day before, prepare the brioche dough.
Next day, cut dough into 40 g pieces. Make balls with these dough pieces.
You need about 10 balls to make your brioche, according to the size of your mould or tin.
- 2 min.Put balls in your mould or tin.
- 1 hour 30 min.Coat top of brioche with beaten egg, using a brush.
Leave in a warm place to rise for 1.5 hour.
- 2 min.After this time, brioche should have double volume or about.
Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Coat top of brioche with beaten egg a second time.
- 40 min.Bake for about 40 minutes, watch for colouration because brioche should not be over cooked otherwise she dries.
- 2 min.Unmould as soon as it is out the oven, and let cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:You can sprinkle the brioche before cooking with some caster sugar, it will be slightly crisp on the top.
Recipes which use it: 2
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Brioche galette, Eggs in brioche nests, Sausage in brioche, Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies, Brioche Tatin, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate rolls (petits pains), Chestnut moelleux, French croissants, Epiphany galette, Ham spirals, ... [All]