Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 2 min.Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Tip 50 g rolled oats into a blender goblet.
- 1 min.Blend for a few seconds until ground to a powder.
- 2 min.
- 2 min.Add 60 g egg white.
- 3 min.Mix once more with the whisk.
- 3 min.Pour in the melted butter through a fine strainer to remove any bits and beat again to mix thoroughly.
- 7 min.Pour into special financier moulds if possible, or any other small moulds you may have.
- 15 min.Bake for 15 minutes.
Remarks:It is very important not to overcook the financiers, otherwise they will dry out and go hard. The centre should ideally stay quite moist. Watch the cooking carefully and adjust the time to suit your own oven.
Source:Home made, warmly dedicated to Louise (from New York).
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Icing sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Calissons, Rich hazelnut buttercream, Succès praliné (praline meringue), Millefeuille, Coconut paste, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Gratin slices with spinach, Pesto crackers, Pecan fruit rolls , Apple and almond gratin, Potato and broccoli gratin, ... [All]
- Egg white: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Almond dacquoise, Swiss meringues, Amaretti, Pistachio madeleines, Chocolate mousse, ... [All]
- Rolled oats: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Oat shortbread biscuits, Moist cereal bars, Cookies, Chocolate cereal bars, Cranachan, ... [All]