Step by step recipe:
- 25 min.The day before, make your pannacotta.
- 5 min.
- 2 min.Heat gently to mix sugar and blackcurrants.
Allow to cool and keep in fridge.
- 20 min.
- 15 min.Put in the oven, and supervise cooking and colouration carefully, turning baking sheet round halfay through to ensure even cooking.
You should get an even light brown color, which takes about 15 minutes.
- 5 min.Remove tray from oven, then with a fork break up any big lumps.
You should get rough crumbs.
Leave to cool.
- 5 min.When cool, pour a layer of coulis onto pannacotta.
- 5 min.Add crumble topping on coulis layer (you should then not wait too long before serving, so that crumble remains crunchy).
Remarks:If you have made too much crumble topping, keep the excess in an aritight jar.
Pannacotta and coulis could be made in advance, but it's better to add crumble at the last minute.
If you don't have crumble topping you can use crushed biscuits or cookies instead.
If you use ready-made coulis, frozen for example, check that it is not too sweet, in which case leave out sugar. You can also use other fruit than blackcurrants.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Blackcurrant coulis: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, Lemon creams, ... [All]
- Crumble topping: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sugar syrup, Brioche Tatin, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Blackcurrant, vanilla and lime verrine , Pistachio custard tart, ... [All]