Step by step recipe:
- 40 min.Prepare 350 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream). Incorporate 100 g Praline using a whisk or a maryse to make a praline cream.
- 20 min.Prepare 350 g Choux pastry (pâte à choux).
- 10 min.
- 3 min.
- 10 min.Use a forcing bag with a nozzle diameter 10 to pipe rings of dough on the circles you have drawn.
With this method you can create perfectly round rings.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Scatter 50 g flaked almonds over the top, then a little icing sugar.
- 20 min.Bake until the rings are well risen and golden brown.
Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- 3 min.Begin the assembly: with a serrated knife, cut the rings horizontally through the middle.
- 3 min.Remove the top, then fill the bottom with praline cream using a forcing bag with a large diameter (15)fluted nozzle...
- ...until completely covered with praline cream.
- 1 min.Replace the top.
- 20 min.Finish with another sprinkling of icing sugar and put to wait in the fridge.
Remarks:You can make a praline butter cream rather than (confectioner's custard).
To make one large Paris-Brest rather than lots of small ones, draw a circle about 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter, piping 2 "sausages" side by side and a third on top. Then proceed as for the small ones, but allow a longer cooking time.
Source:Home made, after Gaston Lenôtre.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry tart, Millefeuille, Almond cream or frangipane, Puits d'amour, Pear and lime meringue pie, ... [All]
- Choux pastry (pâte à choux): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Profiteroles, Saint Honoré cake, Gougères, Puits d'amour, Chouquettes, ... [All]
- Praline: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Praline rochers, Succès praliné (praline meringue), ... [All]