Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.Mix 25 g jam gelling agent and 25 g caster sugar with a fork.
- 10 min.
- 1 min.When it's boiling, add the sugar + gelling agent mixture, and bring to the boil again, beating continuously .
- 1 min.Add 125 g caster sugar and bring back to boil again, still beating.
- 5 min.
- 1 min.Pour without delay into a rigid mould with a sheet of cooking parchment in the bottom.
Leave to cool for at least 2 hours.
- 2 hoursAfter this time, remove from mould with the paper sheet.
- 5 min.With a sharp knife, cut strips of about 1cm or Â½ inch width in one direction, then in the other. You should have pieces of about 1cm or Â½ inch square.
- 5 min.Rolls these pieces in caster sugar with a fork.
- Keep jellies in an airtight box in the fridge.
Remarks:You can of course make fruit jellies with other fruits, it's the same method, but with differents components:
- Blackcurrant jellies: 250 g blackcurrant pulp, 20 g gelling agent, no syrup.
- Redcurrant jellies: 250 g redcurrant juice, 20 g gelling agent, no syrup.
- Rasperry jellies: 250 g rasperries juice, 20 g gelling agent, no syrup.