Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.
- 7 min.Beat until the mixture is light and creamy.
Set aside in the fridge.
- 10 min.Roll out the sweetcrust pastry, line your chosen tin or mould and put to wait in the fridge.
- 15 min.Peel both outer and inner skin off 2 grapefruits.
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Spread the pistachio cream in the pastry case to about about 1 cm (0.4 inch) deep.
- 10 min.Peel 2 Pears, cut into quarters lengthways. Remover the core, then cut each quarter again into 2 lengthways.
As pears tend to turn brown rapidly, the trick is to cut them on the same chopping board as the grapefuit and coat the pieces with the juice left, using a brush.
- 5 min.Stick the grapefruit and pear pieces into the pistachio cream...
- 35 min....and bake for around 35 minutes.
- 5 min.If possible, finish with an apricot jam glaze.
Remarks:You can use other fruit, of course, but do try to keep a similar balance between tangy and sweeter, softer fruits.
Source:Based on a recipe by Eric Kayser.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bounty-style tart for Alison, Key Lime Pie for Jeremy, Apricot and almond cream tart, Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, How to bake blind a pastry cake , ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Saint Honoré cake, Chocolate cream with a crunch, irish coffee mousse, Caramelised apple pie, Flognarde, Poaching syrup, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Saltimbocca, Crispy rolls with chicken and leek, Potato and broccoli gratin, Breton Pie, Crêpes Suzette, ... [All]
- Ground almonds: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Checkerboard biscuits, Apple Strudel, Apple and almond gratin, Buckwheat almond biscuits, Marzipan (almond paste), ... [All]