Step by step recipe:
- 30 min.Make lime crème pâtissière (confectioner's custard) as for 300 g Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream), but with these special proportions: 30 g caster sugar and 30 g cornflour, and infuse milk with finely chopped zest of 1 lime before boiling.
Then, when cream is cooked, beat into it juice of 1 lime, and if desired 3 drops food colouring (green).
Leave to cool covered to prevent skin forming, or whip during cooling from time to time.
Set aside your lime crème pâtissière.
- 40 min.
- 20 min.Peel 5 Pears, cut in four, discard core and sprinkle with juice of 1 lemon .
- 3 min.Melt 30 g Clarified butter in a frying pan, then tip in pear quarters (and lemon juice).
- 20 min.On high heat, cook until they begin to brown.
Note: Clarified butter is preferable, to avoid the little black bits visible in this photograph, due to overheating ordinary butter.
Set pears aside.
- 20 min.Prepare 200 g Italian Meringue.
- 2 min.Lighten the cream by folding 2 large spoonfuls of meringue into cold lime crème pâtissière,.
- 5 min.Continue gently, by tilting the pan, until you have a light cream.
- 3 min.Put a layer of this cream in the cooked pastry case.
- 5 min.Arrange pears quarters on cream.
- 5 min.
- For best results, meringue should cover the whole surface of the tart.
- 3 min.To finish, brown the meringue gently with a blow lamp, or by putting under the grill for just a few seconds.
- It's ready, refrigerate until serving.
Remarks:If you want to simplify the recipe, use French meringue (with caster sugar, not cooked) instead of Italian.
Source:Home made, this recipe is warmly dedicated to Christel.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Confectioner's custard (Crème pâtissière, or French pastry cream): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Strawberry tart, Strawberry Verveine Tart , Paris-Brest, Strawberries with mint and cream, Peach and green tea tart, ... [All]
- Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Key Lime Pie for Jeremy, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Strawberry Verveine Tart , Bounty-style tart for Alison, Crust for tea, ... [All]
- Italian Meringue: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Frozen Nougat, Lemon Tart / Meringue Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie Verrines, Lime meringue tart, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Flambéd bananas , Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Warm apple feuillantines, Fillets of sole meunière, European glass, ... [All]