Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel pears, and put them immediately into cold water with the juice of half a lemon, or a pinch of vitamin C added.
We do that because peeled pears turn brown quickly.
- 5 min.Drain pears, cut into quarters and discard core.
- 5 min.Cut quarters into small pieces and put in the goblet of a blender.
Add juice of half a lemon, a pinch of vitamin C, 1 tablespoon pear eau-de-vie and 350 ml Sugar syrup.
- 3 min.Mix until you obtain a smooth puree.
Put in the fridge, or freezer, in a sealed container if not to be used immediately.
We do that so that the mixture is very cold before putting in the ice cream maker.
- 1 min.Pour into the ice-cream maker.
- 25 min.And churn the sorbet.
- Serve on its own or as the basis for other desserts.
Remarks:You can use this method for apple or peach sorbet. The important thing is to use the best fruit you can find.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Individual charlottes with morello cherries, Baked Alaska, Passion fruit jellies, Peach and verbena feuilleté, Raspberry sorbet, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear compote , Poire Belle Hélène, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Fresh fruit in sabayon, Fruit salad, ... [All]
- Vitamin C: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Verrine of avocado mousse and crab, Pesto, Raspberry sorbet, Peach and mint salad , Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Fresh fruit in sabayon, Lemon Mayonnaise, Melt-in-the mouth meat and vegetables in a sealed casserole, Paella, Tagliatelle and courgette spaghetti, carbonara style, ... [All]