Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel pears, and put them immediately into cold water with the juice of half a lemon, or a pinch of vitamin C added.
We do that because peeled pears turn brown quickly.
- 5 min.Drain pears, cut into quarters and discard core.
- 5 min.Cut quarters into small pieces and put in the goblet of a blender.
Add juice of half a lemon, a pinch of vitamin C, 1 tablespoon pear eau-de-vie and 350 ml Sugar syrup.
- 3 min.Mix until you obtain a smooth puree.
Put in the fridge, or freezer, in a sealed container if not to be used immediately.
We do that so that the mixture is very cold before putting in the ice cream maker.
- 1 min.Pour into the ice-cream maker.
- 25 min.And churn the sorbet.
- Serve on its own or as the basis for other desserts.
Remarks:You can use this method for apple or peach sorbet. The important thing is to use the best fruit you can find.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Sugar syrup: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and blackcurrant coupe, Baked Alaska, How to glaze a tart , Strawberry sorbet, Strawberry-mint sorbet, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: French Family Cake, Pear charlotte, Yvetot Douillons, Belle-helene in a glass, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]
- Vitamin C: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Peach and mint salad , Pear charlotte, Guacamole, Strawberry-mint sorbet, Raspberry sorbet, ... [All]
- Lemon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Santiago Cake, Pear tart with almond cream, Peach and mint salad , Little caramelized peach tarts, Pesto, ... [All]