Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.Peel 4 Pears, cut into 4 and discard the core of each quarter.
- 5 min.Cut each quarter into small pieces and sprinkle with juice of ½ lemon.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Finely chop 100 g walnut kernels.
- 1 min.In a frying pan on high heat, put walnuts and 2 tablespoons caster sugar.
- 5 min.Start to stir as soon as the sugar begins to melt, and continue until it caramelises. Set aside.
- 1 min.Prepare samosas:
Take a half a brik (or filo)sheet and fold in half to make a long strip.
- 1 min.Place a tablespoon of pears + walnuts at one end of the strip.
- 1 min.Fold the pastry over the mixture at an angle.
- 2 min.Then fold over again to form a small triangle.
- You should be left with a "flap" at the end.
- 1 min.Wet this end with a brush dipped in a little water or egg-white.
- 30 min.And stick onto the triangle to seal it and finish the samosa.
Do the same with all the 6 sheets of brik pastry.
- The whole of this operation is a bit difficult to show, but you can also see how it's done in this short video.
- 1 min.Just before serving heat some oil in a frying pan, and fry the samosas until golden brown...
- 5 min.... all over.
Note: you can also cook samosas in a deep-fat fryer.
- Serve on a plate, about 3 samosas per guest, with any left over pear and walnut filling, and surrounded with custard sauce (crème anglaise) for example.
Remarks:It is not very obvious from the photographs, but the walnuts should be chopped quite finely as small pieces are easier to fold up in the pastry sheet.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Walnut kernels: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato and cream cheese terrine, Endive and walnut salad, Walnut short bread, Baked Camembert with Walnuts, Chocolate thins with toasted nuts, ... [All]
- Clarified butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm apple feuillantines, White asparagus salad, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, European glass, ... [All]
- Sheet of brik pastry: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chicken and mushroom brik rolls, Crispy spinach rolls, Crispy prawn rolls, Crispy cheese parcels, Quick Strawberry Millefeuille, ... [All]
- Pears: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pear compote , Apple and pear tart, Pear tart with almond cream, Sautéed pears with custard and orange syrup , Fruit salad, ... [All]