Step by step recipe:
- 3 min.
- For each pears, one by one: peel, cut in two, remove core and if necessary fiber around tail.
- 20 min.Put immediately the half in syrup to prevent from blackening.
Proceed so with all pears.
- 15 min.Put pan on low fire, add 1 vanilla pod, and make cook pears uncovered until they are well soft.
Let cool in the syrup, covered this time, if possible during all night.
- 1 hourTomorrow, remove pears from syrup, put in another container, and covered by a half of syrup.
Cover and let wait at ambient temperature.
- 20 min.Put back pan on low fire, and make reduce a half volume.
- 2 min.When syrup is reduced, pour through a fine strainer, in a smaller pan.
- 5 min.Bring to boil and add 2 pinches agar-agar, mix well with a fork, and remove from fire.
Let thicken when cooling.
- A bit before serving, cut half pears from top to bottom in several thin parts.
- 20 min.The goal is not to cut half-part, but to make a kind of hand-held fan, you should start from top but leaving about half inch uncut.
Put a half pear by service plate, and spread cuts to shape the hand-held fan.
- 10 min.Fill one plate side with custard sauce (crème anglaise) and the other one with cooking syrup.
Decorate with a mint leaf.
Remarks:If you don't have agar-agar you can use corn-flour instead.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Red wine: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-stage beef chuck , Oxtail Parmentier, Eggs meurette, Aperitif rolls, Winemaker's toast, ... [All]
- Blackcurrant liqueur: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Blackcurrant sorbet for Edith, ... [All]
- Real custard sauce (crème anglaise): You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pistachio panna cotta with custard, Apple Tatin Terrine, Pears and caramelised walnut samosas , Warm apple feuillantines, European glass, ... [All]